Friday, July 21, 2006

Suggestion for This Week:

I am sure everyone reads the Vegan Lunchbox site, if not then do yourself a favour and go back through the archives! Jennifer, a stay- at-home vegan mom and chef prepares the most amazing lunches for her 1st grader, photographs then and gives you the recipes and her "shmoo's" reviews. I have several cookbooks from her reviews and have even tried to make food in imitation of his lunchbox.

She also has another site called The Magical Loaf Studio where you select ingredients from each necessary category and customized instructions for a meatless loaf are created.
I made it once and loved it.

I thought it might be cool if everyone made their own variation of it for comparison? I know "loaves" seem wintery, but I promise the leftover slices are great cold in a sandwich.
Let me know what you all think.

Cheers!

8 Comments:

At July 17, 2006 12:34 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm game, but I'd be curious to hear what the others think.

 
At July 17, 2006 12:56 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

It sounds interesting, I'd certainly be willing to give it a go!

 
At July 17, 2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I love nut lentil loaf and haven't had it in a long time! I'm living in heat wave zone so 45mins of oven time would heat up my little kitchen somethin' wicked, but I can plan to sit in front of the fan while it bakes. I do look at vegan lunch box but hadn't seen the magical loaf before, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

 
At July 19, 2006 6:19 AM, Blogger mishka said...

I have actually tried this, and I'm eager to give it another shot since my first loaf didn't hold together well. Great suggestion, Hayley!

Am I getting confused, or is this suggestion really for *this* Friday? We're still in tofu-apple curry week, yes? On Friday, could we change the date of this post to the 21st, just to keep it all tidy and clear?

 
At July 19, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

yep, it's still tofu sandwich week! and yeah, the date can be changed easy, if it's ok with hayley. that makes sense to me, though!

 
At July 19, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger mishka said...

yay! I was sad that I could have possibly missed a recipe. I'm easily confused.

 
At July 21, 2006 1:49 PM, Blogger mishka said...

oh my goodness. With all the loaf combos, we could have a whole blog dedicated to a Vegan Loaf-a-long! Or a Cook-a-loaf.

My one suggestion: make sure your mix isn't too wet. My first attempt at a loaf baked for about 2 hours and still wouldn't set. It was still yummy and we ate it over rice, but I was really excited about having a loaf.

 
At July 21, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

My loaf is in the oven right now, and I am worried it is too wet. Also, it is definitely the grossest looking thing that I have ever cooked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home