Sunday, July 16, 2006

It was yummy cold too... [Tofu Apple Curried Sandwich]


Hi all-

I made the Sandwich with a few modifications and it was a hit!



First, I probably made too much of the curried apple salad and cut the pieces too big. Then, instead of regular tofu, I used these tofu steaks from the Asian market which are really firm and pressed already [saves time and you can eat them cold from the package!]. Instead of sauteing them, I sprayed the tofu with garlic [do you all have the garlic juice spray? It is amazing! Everything tastes better sprayed] and toasted them in the toaster oven.



Then, since it was too hot to pre-heat the gas oven, I toasted the bread, put the tofu on top, and then covered them with the salad. Plopped a little parsley on top and served like that with a side of grapes [organic grapes which were a luxury at $4.99 a pound!].

My girlfriend was blown away and kept rereading the recipe saying, "I never would have thought of this!" She was very impressed with me too. :)

*Sorry about the crappy photos; I was losing light and rushing to capture.

Cheers!!

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2006 12:32 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I know this entry is about the sandwich, but I got really impressed with the grapes! They've been expensive here, too. Gosh, I'd love some grapes right now. Even though I'm about to go to bed!

Glad you liked it cold(ish), too. I don't think I would have thought of the curry/apple either!

 
At July 17, 2006 12:33 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

and garlic spray!!!!

it's best that i haven't seen that yet, i'd be spraying some behind my ears! (ha!)

 
At July 17, 2006 8:35 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Great! I thought of cutting the apple smaller, too, so it wouldn't topple. Mmmmm, grapes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home