Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hot Tofu and Curried Apple Salad Sandwiches

After cutting the tofu, the pieces seemed a little thick.

My table is currently a clutter.

I went out of the house for a while, so I put the tofu in the fridge, and used some soy milk as a weight.

I ended up cutting the tofu into thinner pieces after the pieces had been pressed for a few hours.

I halved the recipe of the mix. It doesn't look very appetizing, really, but it tasted pretty good.


The recipe seemed to say that you put the tofu and curry mixture on each slice of bread, but that didn't really make sense, so I put the tofu on one side, and the curry mixture on the other.


I put it in the oven at 400 degrees for five minutes or so. I neglected the whole breadcrumbs and parsley thing. Maybe I shouldn't have, since the curry was kind of wet, and would fall out of the sandwiches. Maybe the crumbs would have prevented some of that? Anyway, it tasted pretty good, I though.

2 Comments:

At July 16, 2006 12:05 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think it looks really good, actually, and you have the right idea with a sandwich at this time of year. Got my ingredients tonight!

 
At July 16, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Carla said...

lookin' good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home