Sunday, July 16, 2006

mix n' match soup (pho)

The Pho was fun! I made the broth and ate is a few times with slightly different ingredients. The cinnamon in the broth made my apartment smell great. The second time, I added fresh basil to the broth and strained it out before I added the fixin's, that smelled nice too!

I used red cabbage, red pepper, nappa and baby corn. Love rice noodles. I didn't add any protein, I couldn't find the chicken-style seitan. In fact I realized I've never cooked with seitan, and have only had it in restaurants. When I asked about it at Noah's, the dude gave me an anti-seitan rant about wheat, with affection. I think he thought I'm a new vegetarian and needed to learn about ingredients, I let him talk, it was cute.


This was a lotta food, and filling. Fun to assemble!

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh my gosh, your pho ALSO looks yummy!

while i like everything we've made so far, this is the one i know for sure i'll be making again and again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home