Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jerk tofu sandwiches

I've never made my own jerk anything from scratch, so I thought that this should be interesting.




I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be frying the tofu along with the excess marinade, so I did.


I decided to eat the tofu as a sandwich, with some veganaise. It was really tasty, though not terribly spicy. Still, I enjoyed it a lot.

Next time, maybe instead of jalapeno peppers, I'd use things like scotch bonnet peppers. Also, topping the sandwich with other vegetables, like, tomato, might have been nice.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMM. Looks tasty. I can't wait to make it! :O)

Is it very sweet-tasting? I was wondering if the 3 Tablespoons of maple syrup makes it very sweet or just helps the other flavors blend well.

I bet some of those roasted green peppers would have been good on there too! :O)

 
At January 14, 2007 11:05 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

It wasn't really SWEET. The syrup probably helps cut down on some of the spicyness.

 
At January 14, 2007 12:03 PM, Blogger mishka said...

looks really good! I have a jar of jerk seasoning in the fridge that I might cheat with, though making it from scratch sounds good - especially if it isn't *too* spicy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home