Saturday, January 06, 2007

Black Bean Burgers

Hi Vegans :0) Thanks for the invite Carla. I'm new to blogger and not too web savvy so I hope I don't mess up blog or the flow of things around here. Feel free to send me tips.

I've been vegan for a little over six months and vegetarian for many years. So I'll just jump right in :0)

I too had to make a few substitutions. The Bulgur Wheat added grainy chewiness that I liked. I didn't have applesauce on hand so I used apple butter instead and didn't notice any difference. I love basil used it in place of cilantro which I'm not crazy about. Because my son, Finn, and I are the only vegans in the house I cut this recipe by 2/3. It made 5 burgers which is plenty for us.


Food 001mince garlic and onionsFood 005Food 006Food 003











2 Comments:

At January 06, 2007 9:26 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Wow! Nice meal for you and Finn. Great pictures!

 
At January 06, 2007 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home