Wednesday, December 27, 2006

sweet potato and leek soup

I wanted to make something simple and hearty, so I opted to make the onion and leek soup posted by vegan_knitting. I decided to try using sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes, and I also halved the recipe (roughly).


I used Zatoun fair trade olive oil, (a Christmas present) and here are the other ingredients on another Christmas present, a cutting board made by my uncle. It's his business, these days. He sells them at places like the recent One Of A Kind fair in Toronto. I think it looks really nice.





I served it with an Ace olive bun, with a generous amount of Earth Balance.

10 Comments:

At December 28, 2006 5:50 PM, Blogger Carla said...

That looks good. Yeesh it's Thursday again and surprise, surprise, I haven't made the soup yet!

 
At December 28, 2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Carla said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At December 28, 2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Carla said...

dude, I think I bought a cutting board from your uncle!

 
At December 28, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

was his name gary kennell?

 
At December 28, 2006 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of 'fair trade' olive oil before...which country does the olive oil come from?

 
At December 29, 2006 5:51 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

The bottle says "Product of Palestine," so I guess it all depends on your politics.
More info: http://www.zatoun.com/

 
At December 29, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

Ok, it's friday. Who's got a recipe suggestion? Maybe new year themed?

p.s., I'll be in NYC at some point next week. Any (reasonably priced) vegan restaurants I should check out?

 
At December 29, 2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black Bean Burgers?

 
At December 29, 2006 12:39 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

looks good!

 
At December 29, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Carla said...

I hadn't heard of fair trade olive oil either. But I guess picking olives could be hard work out there in the sun and up on a ladder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home