Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September Ful's

My internet connection wouldn't let me post this last night. Now I'm up super early and it's working again.

The fava beans mashed up by themselves.


Beans and oil.


I only used tomatoes as garnish.


I used this "naan" bread, which seemed maybe more like pita than naan. But that's okay, I'm pretty sure I've had this dish once before, and it was served with pita.

The ful was good, if a bit salty. I'm still unsure if I would eat it for breakfast, but I would have it again for lunch or dinner.

3 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yay, another member on the ship of fuls!

Yep, me too on not being able to eat this for breakfast (though I didn't try!) I think the last time I had ful it was with other things like grape leaves, baba ganoush, etc. and pita was served on the side. That's the same type of naan I just started eating since I moved here, too! It's kinda tough, though!

 
At September 20, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Carla said...

ha ha....when I read the first bit I thought the fava beans had mashed themselves! ha ha, you meant this is them alone and mashed. Looks good, it's a good hit of protein.

 
At September 22, 2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

i finished up the last bit of ethiopian with this naan last night! coriander and herb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home