Monday, September 11, 2006

Coffee Cake

So, I must be a total hypocrite when I tell Carla that messing with the flour can lead to unsatisfactory results. I couldn't find "whole wheat pastry flour" in the grocery store, [and knowing that flour is different in Canada than the U.S., I wonder if it even exists here (not that I went on an exhaustive search or something)] so I used non-whole wheat cake and pastry flour instead.

The dry ingredients.


The topping.




Wet ingredients. I used strawberry soygurt instead of vanilla.



Wet and dry together.




Unbaked cake.



Out of the oven 47 or so minutes later.




The final product.


I wish that I had put more cinnamon in the cake. I also wish it had been more moist, but that might have been solved by using the right flour (or cooking it less?). I want to try it again, maybe using all-purpose flour like Isa says in the comments section of the recipe page. Maybe a cream cheeze frosting? That always solves every problem with a cake.

4 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Carla said...

ha ha, flour! Strawberry soygurt is a good idea. Let us know if you find a good recipe for cream cheeze frosting, like that stuff they make at Sweets from the Earth.

Dude, I never did ask, what's with the US flag plate? And what a great knife you must have to cut it clean like that.

 
At September 12, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger mishka said...

I think that the addition of a cup of coffee while you're eating the cake would moisten things up nicely :) At least, that's my plan for it...

 
At September 12, 2006 8:57 PM, Blogger Hayley said...

Cream cheeze frosting would be freakin' yum with the cake! What's your recipe?

Cheers!

 
At September 13, 2006 5:13 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

Oh, I drank coffee with the cake.


My cream cheeze frosting basically involves taking some Tofutti cream cheeze, adding about a teaspoon of margarine, maybe a splash of vanilla, and then a bunch of icing sugar. I keep adding more icing sugar and stirring until it reaches the desired consistency.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home