Tuesday, August 29, 2006

In restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of peach cobbler...


So I invited my friend Vanessa over to help me make this week's cookalong, Peach Cobbler. Aaron documented the making of this peach cobbler in vivid detail, and here I share with you just a portion of the pictures! Making peach cobbler is the stuff of juicy dreams, I tell you.

juicy peaches

zesting an orange (the store was out of lemons!)

Mixing the flour in the peaches over heat created way too much juice. We tried to add more flour to soak it up then more spices and everything. But still, too much liquid. In retrospect, I don't think I needed to heat these peaches up one bit. And I used whole wheat pastry flour, cause I wanted to.

adding maple syrup

adding the orange zest

adding the spices

mixing and stuff

mixing (this is the window view shot that I should use should I ever have a cooking show in my apartment)

way too liquidy, so we drained it out!

a little better (I think we might have drained it some more?)

mixing the dough

seems like a lot of peaches! a deep but not long enough pan

makin' cobbles

makin' cobbles

we just decided to fill the whole thing and it was a LOT of dough!

contemplating my mitts

ta da!

aa says: look proud!

cobbler! there's a little uncooked dough underneath all that biscuit (we probably should have left some of the dough out), but not a ton, but it's vegan so as they say around here: "no worries!"

It was yummy.

5 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 12:07 PM, Blogger vania said...

fantastic looking cobbler, michelle. i will take your notes about the too-wet peaches cuz i'm making mine tonight!

welcome back!

 
At August 29, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Peach mania!! Looks super yummy. Peaches make their way up here to Minnesota, but it's nothing like berry season.

-Crystal

 
At August 29, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger mishka said...

I love your step-by-step images. The cobbler looks great, especially in that awesome casserole dish.

 
At August 29, 2006 6:58 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

I don't think you really need to cook the peach mixture if your peaches are really ripe, there's plenty of baking time to cook them thoroughly. Mine were plenty juicy before I cooked them.

 
At August 29, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

yeah, i should have just looked at em instead of trying to follow the recipe. i'm not really a baker, so i just try to follow along. that's probably why i also added all the dough when my gut said not to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home