Saturday, September 02, 2006

May the borscht be with you!

I gathered supplies to make the Superb Borscht:


Cut up the veg and sauteed. I used potatoes instead of rutabaga and did not use celery or tomatoes.

Managed not to stain anything and came up with some nice, warming tender soup to sip on a rainy day while watching Six Feet Under DVDs. It looks so pretty on it's own:


But I added a dollop of Tofutti Sour Supreme for the eating part, after admiring the pretty colours. The sour non-cream breaks up funny when it hits the hot soup, but it adds a nice texture. Will add more dill for next serving.


Borscht is definitely coming back into my regular rotation. I used to make it a lot. Beets are so awesome, if you're ever in Ottawa you must have the garlic beet salad at The Green Door.

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I wish I had sourcream to put in mine -- that would certainly change it up! But alas, when that stuff is in the house, it goes FAST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home