Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday coleslaw

I haven't had coleslaw in quite some time, and was never that much of a fan of the vegan coleslaws I'd had.

I don't really have anything to "grate" cabbage with, so I just chopped it up real fine.

I found this ramen in a bulk foods store.

For a salad oil, I decided to try getting walnut. Here is the un-mixed dressing for the salad.


Yum, toasted sesame.


The salad was delicious. Oily in a good way, with the ramen adding a nice crunchiness. Next time I'd probably add more cabbage, just to cut down a bit on the oilyness.

2 Comments:

At August 06, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I'm glad you liked it :)

If you have leftovers, you'll find that as the salad sits in the fridge over night, the noodles absorb the dressing and soften and become very flavourful.

I'm not sure about cutting the oiliness, though, if anyone finds it too oily - maybe they could use half oil and half water?

 
At August 07, 2006 11:27 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

I added a bunch more cabbage, and it still seems pretty oily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home