Sunday, July 30, 2006

So it's a gazillion degrees here in Iowa, perfect weather for a cool salad. Money's a bit tight right now, so I elected not to use the red bell pepper (which are still about $2 each) and to just use the green peppers that came in my CSA this week. It's still pretty colorful, and the only thing I needed to buy for this recipe was the tofu (when I discovered the only tofu I had was frozen solid). I'm still learning to use my new mandoline and things came out a bit more grated than diced, but I'm happy with it anyway. Oh, and I thought I had some plain stone ground mustard but couldn't find it so used a country-style Dijon mustard instead.

The veggies:



The veggies with tofu:



Everything mixed, ready to chill and "meld"



And for lunch today:



The taste today is quite mild, perhaps a bit more dressing next time. Actually, the taste is quite nice with the oranges, it might be fun to add oranges to the salad, or at least add some orange juice to the vinaigrette. I think this is a nice template recipe -- you could pretty much do anything you wanted with it.

1 Comments:

At July 31, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Carla said...

So pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home