Friday, July 28, 2006

Loafy & Yum.

I loved making this loaf and using up bits and pieces of ingredients from my little kitchen. Here was my basic ingredients list [though I did make some changes based on not wanting to go to the store]:

1/2 cup pine nuts2 TB olive oilOne onion, dicedOne large garlic clove, mincedTwo celery ribs, dicedOne jalapeno chile, seeded and minced2 cups cooked lentils1 cup cooked brown rice1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable broth, as needed3 TB potato flour1 tsp. dried basil1/4 cup minced fresh parsley2 TB nutritional yeast flakesFreshly ground black pepper, to taste1 tsp. salt

Here is the loaf being mixed:







In the pan prior to cooking:




After cooking:


And the sandwich I made myself with the leftover rice & lentils [w/ hot sauce and veganaise], which I ate while the loaf was baking. Meaning that I wasn't hungry at all by the time this was done, and it was saved for lunch sandwiches for work, not photographed:



Cheers all!

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 8:46 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Mmmm!

 
At July 29, 2006 1:01 AM, Blogger mishka said...

seems like lentils were the main protein of choice! The leftover sandwich looks tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home