Friday, August 04, 2006

Reminiscent of summer picnics

IMG_2001.JPG

With the cooler weather last night, I had more of an urge to enter the kitchen. While making dinner, I decided to put together the tofu salad so that it could marinate all night and I could take it for lunch today.

My alterations:
  • dijon mustard instead of stone-ground
  • regular tofu instead of low-fat
  • 1/2 a purple pepper instead of red
  • a couple of dollops of veganaise instead of the flax seed mix
  • used a garlic-infused white wine vinegar

This morning, I scooped it into a container for lunch and brought a foccacia bun. The smell, when I took the lid off the bowl, reminded me of picnic salads in the summer. Sadly, though, I have to be at work and not a picnic today.

I will add a short update after I have lunch with my opinion. I'm a little askeered of uncooked tofu, but I have a good feeling about this!

4.5 hours later:

The salad was mixed with some romaine in a bowl and spooned onto chunks of bread. Not bad at all. I'm not really used to creamy textures like this anymore, so I was a bit trepidatious... but I really enjoyed the flavours. It would be very, very good in a wrap with lots of lettuce, I think.

2 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 1:20 PM, Blogger vania said...

mmmmm....purple peppers, i've never seen one! And, i love that you marinated it overnight - the 2 hours i did were good but 12 hours would be lovely!

 
At August 05, 2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

h-dawg just brought 2 purple peppers home today! i had never seen them before, but i'll be putting them in a pasta salad this evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home