Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sunday Dinners Revisited


I also made the vegan loaf this weekend, and i loved it! It reminded me of all the Sunday dinners i had growing up, but without the meat!

Here was my recipe choice:

1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 TB olive oil
One onion, diced
One large garlic clove, minced (i used 3 myself)
One large carrot, peeled and grated
2 cups cooked lentils
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable broth, as needed (i wish i knew i didn't need it)
1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 TB nutritional yeast flakes
2 TB ketchup
Several dashes vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 TB soy sauce



All in all, a great dish, but i seem to have a problem making my loaf recipes - they're never firm enough but rather turn to mush. Tasty mush but mush nonetheless! I've never used cooked oatmeal as a binder so i should have followed my intuition (like Mishka) and used egg replacer instead. But, it is really good for a sandwich, as Jennifer suggested. Can't wait for my lunch today!

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger mishka said...

another great looking loaf, mush or not! Thankfully, when loaves remain mushy, they still taste good. We made a mushy loaf once, but just ate it over rice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home