Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Pho


Well, I guess I was wrong about always bringing up the rear, as I went ahead and made this today. Stacey's post reminded me to use my pressure cooker and the stock was quick and easy.

I couldn't find my star anise (I know it's here somewhere) and my whole foods coop didn't have any either, so like the original poster I used some five-spice powder. It was a nice flavor, but I'm still curious about the star anise and will try to find some for next time.

I just made this for myself so I cut way back on the condiments and just used green onions, mushrooms, cabbage, green peppers, spinach and some seitan that I had made a while back and was in my freezer.

It turned out really well, and it will be very easy to assemble a bowl full every day for lunch.

An excellent recipe choice!

3 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 11:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

got the ingredients today. i'm excited to make it!

 
At July 10, 2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Carla said...

cool, so you're adding on different ingredients to the broth for different days? good idea

 
At July 11, 2006 9:32 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only pressure cooker user on this board. Maybe in the winter, we can find a great risotto recipe and show the others why a PC smokes a crockpot everytime!
Also, your seitan-laden pho looks really good. Good luck with leftovers - I wish I didn't eat all of mine already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home