Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grain-Free Lemony Almond Pancakes

OK everyone, I thought these looked really good when I saw them on Ricki's blog, Diet, Dessert and Dogs. I make my own almond milk and my first thought was that this would be a great way to use up the almond meal that is left over afterwards, so that is what I'm going to try. Also, I have a good friend who is gluten-free, so I kind of want to learn to make some good things so I can spoil her when she comes to visit.

Pancakes are usually breakfast food, but I know at least one person who eats 'em for dinner, so don't feel temporally constrained by the recipe type. Also, don't feel constrained by traditional cooking utensils, either -- I myself can't decide whether these merit breaking out the electric guaranteed non-stick griddle or whether I should go with the wonderful Le Creuset 'Cruiser' skillet. Another decision to make: big, medium, or small??

The recipe is here: Grain Free Lemony Almond Pancakes

I plan on making these babies over the weekend and will post an update!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At March 10, 2009 5:53 PM, Blogger mishka said...

Our conversation last night:

me: The first cook-a-long relaunch recipe is for pancakes.

the boy: Can we have veggie bacon too?

me: yes

the boy: Woo hoo!

I haven't decided if I'll make them for a weekend brunch or for a special brinner!

 
At March 10, 2009 6:14 PM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Brinner makes me laugh! :D

 
At March 10, 2009 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try them this weekend, too! The only thing I don't already have in my kitchen is the chickpea flour.

 
At March 11, 2009 7:39 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I eat pancakes for supper, too! This is going to be good!

 
At March 12, 2009 12:12 AM, Blogger Jeannie said...

I'm soaking my almonds tonight (Wednesday).

 
At March 13, 2009 12:34 AM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Almond milk is made!

 
At March 13, 2009 2:29 PM, Blogger gladcow said...

I'm excited about these pancakes. I will probably make them over the weekend :) Keep your fingers crossed that my nut-picky child will like these, as she is also my pancake-crazy child :p

 
At March 15, 2009 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made them this morning and it was a terrible failure. I will post about it soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home