Monday, April 28, 2008

Oatmeal cookies take 2

Here's my second batch - this time I followed my Betty Crocker cookbook and just subbed egg replacer for eggs. I also added walnuts and chocolate chips and left out the raisins.

I really want a stand mixer, but I'm not really sure why because I know I will always mix my cookies by hand. I love it!

I also love this cookie scooper, best kitchen utensil ever.

Waiting to go in the oven (the real oven! not the toaster oven, we finally got it fixed!)


And cooling:

The verdict? Much better! The dough last time was much tastier than this dough, but the end cookie was better fresh out of the oven, and over time. And Shawn likes them! I did think the walnuts wound up with a slight burnt taste, so I might try pecans next time.

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look very good. Pecans sounds like a good choice, too.

 
At April 30, 2008 10:27 AM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Those look really yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home