Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Vegan Alfredo

We did finally get around to making the Vegan Alfredo and we loved it. The Man-Cub said that it looked just the 'restaurant alfredo' - and he was right - more importantly - it tasted just like the restaurant stuff. Next time, I'll use the lower end amounts of salt and garlic, but it was very rich and tasty.

I did leave out the nutritional yeast as the Man hates it - I can't figure out why - next time he's away on a trip I'll make this for the Man-Cub and myself and we'll try it that way too - hehe. And I used homemade soymilk without any sugar (I usually add sugar to my soymilk so I made some special for this recipe).

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2008 5:52 PM, Blogger Doodleyboo said...

Try sneaking in the nutritional yeast. My boyfriend claims to hate it too, but I sneak it into things all the time and then he remarks on the great cheesy/nutty/savory taste of whatever it's in. You could also try putting in half the amount I suggested so that your man tastes it less.
I found that the sauce was really missing something when I was done. So I added the nutritional yeast and that is what really gave it that Alfredo taste, as if there was some sort of dairy cheese in it.

 
At April 16, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Thanks for the advice - he's pretty persnickedy - but I may try it - especially if he can't smell it over the garlic. I love Nut. Yeast and can't figure out why he doesn't...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home