Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Curry Dish - Close to the Real Recipe

[something's amiss with the photo thing on Blogger, so i will post my photos later. If you do want to see them now, click here or here]

Last night, i had a taste for curry, so i looked up the recipe again and saw that while i didn't have all the ingredients it asked for, i did have the staples. I do admit i was creative with the recipe, but got the heart of it. That's why i love making curries - i can improvise easily and still have a good dish. Plus, i can use up some veggies that might otherwise go bad!

So, instead of chickpeas (i ran out), i used tofu that i treated like paneer. And, since i had a bit of zucchini and rapini left, i used that as well. I did add the apple, which was a new thing for me. I quite liked it, though. It added a nice flavour and texture to the dish. I didn't use coconut or raisins but the tomatoes and apple, i thought, provided the sweet and more gentler flavours than the curry spices.

All in all, a good and simple comfort food dish for me. I usually like my curry dishes more heated, but this hit the spot for the mood i was in. I have to admit that i used more than the 'curry powder' the recipe called for - i also added ground cumin, ginger, ground coriander, tarragon, fenugreek and a dash of chili powder.

I made enough for leftovers for lunch, which always is a nice treat. The curry saturates nicely into itself and the rice, and it's so much better than a boring salad or sandwich!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2007 7:52 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I've had trouble with blogger photos lately, too. Looks great on Flickr!

 
At August 29, 2007 2:43 PM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Wow Vania,

Yours looks even better than the original - I should have thrown in some zucchini - of course - it's that time of year - zucchini in everything...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home