Friday, June 29, 2007

CCCC Cookies

I made these last week and have just about finished eating them - there's one left and i'm planning to take it to lunch with me. The recipe really does make approximately 3 dozen, so if you don't want that many, you may want to half it. Having said that, who would WANT to half it because they are just about the best cookies i've ever had. Like Mishka said, they're a bit crispy on the outside and oh so soft in the middle. Very yummy.

I also altered it a bit. I added 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts but the same quantity of chips (1 cup) but i mixed carob chips in with dark chocolate ones. The hazelnuts and carob added a nice touch. Otherwise, the recipe is perfect as is and it really does stay soft over time. Now that the heat wave's over here, i may be baking again soon!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At June 29, 2007 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look delish with the hazelnuts! When I saw them, I thought they were macadamia nuts or vegan white chocolate chunks! :O)

 
At July 01, 2007 12:05 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Thse are so decadent...why did you not enter my "vegans Gone WIld" contest with them?

 
At July 02, 2007 1:32 PM, Blogger vania said...

what is that contest? I've never heard of it!

 
At July 04, 2007 6:08 PM, Blogger betsy said...

oh my goodness. the two of you collectively made the most delicious-looking cookies i've ever seen. kudos to you both!

 
At July 05, 2007 7:59 PM, Blogger mishka said...

I have two cookies left. I am never allowed to make these again ;)

 
At July 10, 2007 2:33 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Nice! I made them with walnuts, I haven't posted yet though. This was a good choice of recipe! Chewy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home