Sunday, August 12, 2007

Presto Pesto!

You know I can't stand suspense - I almost always read the last chapter first and even watch the end of a movie first if I think it will be the least bit stressful for me to watch it - I know this drives some (most) people crazy - but I'm a very calm person and I don't like to upset the equilibrium...

So, as soon as anyone posts a recipe - I can't wait to try it - even if I don't have the exact ingredients - I just can't wait until I make a trip to the store...

So - I made the yummy Pesto Potato Salad with a few (minor) changes:


I didn't have fresh basil - so I used dried - I googled it first as I'd never heard of making pesto with dried basil and found this http://www.masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Recipes/Spice_Herb_&_Sauce_Recipes/PestoSauce.html - so I went ahead with the dried basil. I used red potatoes and red onions because that's what I had in the cupboard - I also didn't have white balsamic vinegar - so I used regular balsamic vinegar...

And with all those changes I had a very nice Sunday dinner side dish...

2 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Nice! Good improvisations. I'd never thought of making pesto with dried basil either, but that sounds sensible! Easier to have dried basil ready than enough fresh leaves. Bon appetit!

 
At August 15, 2007 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks great! I can't believe that the dried basil worked. How convenient!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home