Friday, August 10, 2007

Pesto Potato Salad with Green Beans

Good things gro-o-ow, in On-tar-i-o! Good things grow in other places, too! Someone brought me this lovely bush from the farmer's market near work yesterday:

Basil smells so good. People kept commenting on the delicious scent. It's trying to chat with the lucky bamboo on the other side of the cubicle.(My actual desk is much messier than that!)

So I made Pesto Potato Salad with Green Beans. Doesn't that sound great!? It is! There are lots of pesto recipes, this one from PPK is kinda neat because on top of the usual ingredients, it calls for walnuts and nutritional yeast.

Bon appetit!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 10, 2007 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a recipe for that in Vegan Mediterranean Kitchen. I made it once before and it was very tasty. I think it has pasta, too.

 
At August 10, 2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Oh good, people are still here even though we've been quiet! My blender didn't mush up the basil, maybe because there wasn't a lot in there.

 
At August 15, 2007 10:17 AM, Blogger vania said...

I just made pesto two weeks ago with basil i bought in Kensington - it was Huge! Thanks for these recipes.

 
At August 15, 2007 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh that looks delicious... Perfect for this time of year. It's light, but not salad-light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home