Monday, July 09, 2007

CCC Cookies

We got back from vacation and it took a little while to get settled back in. I finally made the CCC Cookies - no substitutions...
I measured everything out first... The pretty antique bowls belonged to the Man's great-grandmother...

My homemade chocolate chips - The how to is here http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2007/03/youre-not-going-to-believe-this-i-made.html(vegan chocolate chips are not available within 90 miles of my home) - here as chocolate chunks - actually easier because I just poured out the molten chocolate and let it set - then cut into chunks...

The flax seeds and soy milk...

The sifted dry ingredients...

Sugar, oil, vanilla, flax seeds, and soy milk...

Adding the dry ingredients - this is really stiff - you'll need a strong spoon...

Adding the chocolate chunks...

The finished product... YUM!

5 Comments:

At July 09, 2007 6:56 PM, Blogger mishka said...

your own chocolate chunks? I'm impressed!

 
At July 10, 2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Carla said...

The bowls are so pretty! And your DIY chocolate chips, impressive!

 
At July 11, 2007 9:02 AM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

The chips/chunks are not as hard as you might think - just bakers chocolate, 3 T oil and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. I can get a batch made in less than 10 minutes now.

Thanks,

Teresa

 
At July 11, 2007 10:56 AM, Blogger Carla said...

The most impressive part is the perfect little "kiss" shapes they are, more noticeable on your own blog. Cute!!
http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2007/03/youre-not-going-to-believe-this-i-made.html

Though I've tried tempering chocolate and it's a chore to get it right without drying it out.

 
At July 14, 2007 4:52 PM, Blogger vania said...

I love your bowls too - i want some myself, and i love how you made chocolate chips yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home