Wednesday, March 21, 2007

heart-shaped multi-ethnic sausages

Hi gang! I made the Italian Tempeh Sausages recipe, with a few modifications. I steamed some tempeh:

Crumbled it and added some of the spices the recipe called for. I didn't have all of them to make the "Italian" flavour strong enough, so I sprinkled some liqiud hickory smoke:

Packed the mixture into my heart-shaped moulds. Baked them a bit, then pan fried them:


Put 2 patties in my lunch box with some mashed potatoes-peas-pesto:

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At March 21, 2007 9:46 AM, Blogger mishka said...

aw - heart shaped! So cute!

They look great - how did they taste? What was the liquid smoke like?

 
At March 21, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I almost always eat tempeh with liquid smoke to make fakin' bacon, so that's about the same taste: good!

 
At March 21, 2007 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pretty much hate tempeh, but that looks really good. Well done!

 
At March 21, 2007 9:25 PM, Blogger vania said...

I can always count on you and the heart-shaped mold! Yum yum.

 
At March 21, 2007 11:38 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

i was planning on making this tonight, and when i got home, i realized i had no tempeh! so, i'm going to make it tomorrow, i hope.

 
At March 27, 2007 8:54 AM, Blogger robiewankenobie said...

is there a recipe for the pesto pea potatoes? they look amazing!

 
At March 27, 2007 10:05 AM, Blogger Carla said...

There wasn't a recipe, I just mixed it all together with amounts that I guessed. The pesto adds a nice kick to mashed potatoes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home