Sunday, March 04, 2007

Better late than never dumplings

I was really busy, like I'm sure everybody else. Anyway, for the filling, I used green onions, silken tofu, ginger, carrot, chili peppers, mushrooms, and chili sauce. It looks gross, but was pretty tasty.



I made the wrapping using the recipe, except that when I actually did the cooking of the dumplings, I boiled them first, because I'm pretty sure that dumplings get boiled.

Next time, I would suck it up and actually find wrappers in the store. I had a much harder time stuffing them than I did the pierogies from a while back, even though the concept is pretty similar. They tasted pretty good (I had no sauce to dip them in though), but looked ugly as sin.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2007 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The week got away from me too! Plus I wanted to make the recipe that says to steam them and my steamer is at my old apartment still.... Excuses, excuses. Good for you for actually getting to it! (And yeah, that top pic does look pretty gross, but the finished dumplings look good!)

 
At March 09, 2007 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im gonna try those for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home