Thursday, March 22, 2007

Breakfast for dinner

I had this block of tempeh in the freezer for a couple of months, and I was glad to have a recipe to use it up! I used an italian herb mix for all the green herbs in the recipe, and white flour instead of whole wheat. Also, inspired by Carla's post, a few shakes of liquid smoke.

Prep for Tempeh Sausages

soy red pepper tempeh

Tempeh Sausage mush

mixy mushiness

Tempeh Sausages Patties

patties - I added some diced onion instead of onion powder. Somehow I missed the part of letting them refrigerate for an hour. No matter - they still worked!

Tempeh Sausages and Tofu Scramble

We ate them with some tofu scramble. Mmm... breakfast for dinner!

I liked these a lot. They reminded me of Gimme Lean sausages, which I heard is not going to be sold in Canada anymore. I may just have to stock up on tempeh!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 23, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger Carla said...

They stayed together even though you didn't chill them? Lucky! Welcome to the love of tempeh!

 
At March 27, 2007 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks terrific Mishka!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home