Monday, February 26, 2007

Vegan Dumplings

Sorry for not posting a recipe sooner. So, as suggested and discussed in our comments, i recommended doing a dumpling recipe to celebrate Asian New Year. I have some won ton wrappers i just bought so tried to find a recipe with pre-made wrappers.

Here it is: http://foodmaidens.wordpress.com/2007/01/09/tofu-dumplings/

Or this one.

Since there are so many things to put in dumplings, feel free to add what fancies you. If you want to make the wrappers from scratch, here is a site for you. And, make sure to post what you put in the dumplings!

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 12:17 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

Looks good. However, I can never find vegan wrappers in stores (they always have egg in them). Any idea where I could find vegan ones?

 
At February 26, 2007 2:20 PM, Blogger mishka said...

I found a pack of wrappers at No Frills - they are labeled, I think, as dumpling and perogy wrappers :D They are white-ish and round and I found them at No Frills in Scarborough. That's a long trek, but I have another package of the same brand in my freezer now that I bought in the city, but I don't remember where. Vania recommended Sanko at 730 Queen West to me for sushi supplies... they may have them there...

 
At February 26, 2007 2:27 PM, Blogger Carla said...

There are a few places on Spadina that sell dumpling discs that are made of just flour and baking soda or something like that. I can't remember the names of any of the places, but pop in to any of the grocers on the east side of Spadina and you should be able to find them in the open fridge area.

Great choice! I've made these before and they're always fun. Beryl from Titbits.ca got me into dumplings, we had a dumpling-making party at her place one night.

 
At February 26, 2007 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always like dumplings, and now I'm a vegan so I can use this recipe. Thanks! I think I'll post about this on the Vegan Forums.

 
At March 02, 2007 3:10 PM, Blogger mishka said...

I really, really do want to make these dumplings, but time got away from me this week. I hope to make them on Sunday! *fingers crossed*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home