Saturday, February 17, 2007

Yum!

I picked out three different recipes and selected my favorite veggies out of each of them, as well as the general order of adding things. First, I got all my ingredients together. I already had paella rice from another time it had grabbed my eye at the store. I also picked hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, and peas.

I soaked the saffron while I sauteed the onion and garlic:

I was worried that it was too much onion, but it seemed to shrink reasonably with cooking.

Then I added the tomatoes and various hearts and spices.

Here is the delicious simmering shot with the soaked saffron and veggie stock.

I decided to cook the veggie sausage separate to keep it crispy. The recipe that called for sausage said to add it at the beginning, but the recipe that called for the faux seafood had it cooked separate, and that made more sense to me.

The end result:

This was so so so much better than I had even dared to hope. I'm glad because it's going to be five more meals. :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 18, 2007 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your presentation with the lemon wedges! It looks delicious.

 
At February 18, 2007 1:41 PM, Blogger stardog said...

I'm inspired, I'm going to do a paella take two tonight, thank you so much for the yummy pictures!

 
At February 20, 2007 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! I wish I had smell-o-vision to send you how wonderful my kitchen smelled while it was cooking.

 
At February 21, 2007 3:42 PM, Blogger kickpleat said...

wow this looks so good. i bet it smelled great too. yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home