Saturday, February 24, 2007

besan, faster than a silver bullet

So I actually hate big corporate beer, but not enough to NOT drink it if it's magically around. Which it was. And I know that Michelob isn't the Silver Bullet, but I don't care enough to be clever. And the main point is, I made a few changes and had Besan Omlettes faster than I could drink a cheap watery beer. Essentially, rather than all that yummy onion, tomato, garlic, and cilantro I used fresh salsa. I had some fresh salsa laying around, and I only wanted to make 1/4 of the recipe, and wanted to save all my fresh veggies for when I could use them in one swoop, but I wanted to try this really bad, and in the end, it was kinda genius. Hard to recreate, since I used 1/2 cup of the flour and then the salsa in the tub and some water till it looked alright, and then some Balti seasoning, and then some more flour since it looked to watery (but probably wasn't since these, though delicious were a bit too dense). But anyway, great, and I will go out on a limb and say this would be perfect with a slightly drier pico de gallo. And since the whole thing is certainly one of the best things I've made in under 10 minutes, I will probably find out. I gave monsieur a taste of it, and he thought it was super too and I am thinking of using the leftovers for a sandwich tomorrow, since I really wanted to make it more than I could eat too much tonight. In the end, I really wanted a little salad too, so I put it all together. And now I've eaten my food and drank what passed for my beer, and I'm happy. And now in no particular order my pictures.





1 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 5:12 PM, Blogger mishka said...

what a great idea to add salsa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home