Monday, February 12, 2007

Mmmm...Rice Pudding

Sorry for the late entry, but i made the rice pudding recipe yesterday and i wanted to share my verdict with you: it was fabulous. J said it was the best rice pudding he's ever had - and we both grew up eating it.Of course, i had to do some substitutions, and i'm glad i read everyone else's posts first. I halved the recipe - i love left over rice pudding for breakfast. But i didn't add as much liquid as it suggested; instead of 4 cups of soy milk, i did 2 cups of soy milk and one cup of coconut milk. It was heavenly - not too soupy as i think it would have been had i truly followed the recipe.
The other thing for me is that rice pudding is not complete without raisins and cinnamon. So, i added 3/4 cup raisins and 1 full tsp of cinnamon. I think that was the other changes i did and it really was good - nice and sweet, soft, fluffy, and warming.

3 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, coconut milk and cinnamon seal the deal for me. What can be better than that?

I had some difficulties with my rice pudding, as you can see from my previous post, but all in all it turned out to have rewarding results for everyone that took part :D

Hurray!

 
At February 12, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Is rice pudding at all like porridge?

 
At February 12, 2007 7:24 PM, Blogger mishka said...

vania - the cinnamon and raisins make me want to make this again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home