Friday, February 09, 2007

newbie double rice pudding


I thought rice pudding would be a perfect first recipe for me to say hi with, but in fact it's impossible to take a picture of! I quartered the recipe and used rice milk instead of soy milk cause I had it and was overeager, and in fact it came out incredibly tasty, but I stirred it for about 15 minutes and it looked like soup and then all of a sudden it was pudding, but none of the pictures came out. But then I put it in a bowl, and chopped up banana and poured on the cinnamon and finally took a picture that came out. And then I ate it, and then I was very very very happy. The banana and cinnamon were definitely good calls. Hi, help me write better entries!

4 Comments:

At February 09, 2007 6:30 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Great first post, Stardog! Welcome! So rice milk works just fine too! Rice milk is sometimes less....creamy? thick? than soy milk.

 
At February 09, 2007 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once tried brown rice milk and the end result wasn't to my "creamy" satisfaction, in other words it came out like rice pilaf. And then, a few days ago i used vanilla soy and although it looked very creamy in the beginning, I think the slow cooking process I chose did not agree with the vanilla soy and 1 cup sugar - I didn't halve or quarter the ingredients. So, basically disappointed results on both fronts.

p.s. I have never heard of 'baked' rice pudding :0

But coconut milk sounds real good!

 
At February 09, 2007 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome!

 
At February 09, 2007 9:17 PM, Blogger stardog said...

I put a smidge more cornstarch than the recipe called for to counter the thinness and it seemed to work pretty good. Thanks for the kind word all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home