Monday, January 29, 2007

Fish n Chips

I opted for the fish sticks since Shawn hates chickpeas and I wasn't interested in shredding veggies anyway...

Ingredients gathered:

I wasn't sure that Shawn's little one serving door prize blender could handle crushing almonds, so I picked us up a coffee grinder. It worked brilliantly.

Ready for dredging:

Frying up:

Shawn's oven doesn't work and I wanted to make fries in the toaster oven, so we opted for frying the fish sticks. Shawn kept making me add more oil, so these were definitely not winning any health awards. ;)

Oh but the taste awards.... Yes, yes, yes. (See the pretty flowers Shawn got me? With eucalyptus, my favorite!)


I need to go leave a comment on Jennifer Shmoo's blog. Shawn wanted me to be sure to mention that these fish sticks were way better than the excellent ones he had at my favorite Portland restaurant. (picture here)

Oh, and I though you guys would get a kick out of this comic.

4 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Cauliflower, ha!!

You'll get lots of use out of your new grinder, I use mine a lot. Nice meal!

 
At January 30, 2007 8:11 PM, Blogger mishka said...

greasy goodness! mmm... fried breaded stuff :)

I saw the fish and chips on the menu at Vita, but opted for the chicken-fried tempeh and the mac and cheese instead. If I go back, I'll def get me some fish and chips!

 
At February 01, 2007 11:41 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 01, 2007 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My biscuits and gravy at Vita was even better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home