Breaded Tofu SticksAlthough I plan to make both recipes, I decided to make the Tofu Fish Sticks tonight.
- had no dried dill for the coating.
- used whole almonds and crushed them in the processor.
- used regular paprika instead of sweet.
- added about 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast. just because.
- no kelp.
- The tofu was pressed for about half an hour.
sticks all lined up
vegan tartar sauce!
I took Carla's suggestion and made the tofu slices thin. The tofu didn't need a full half hour in the oven and the texture was really good. The only other modification I would make to the coating is to lessen the amount of salt.
These will definitely make it into a semi-regular rotation and I'm looking forward to trying it with tempeh!
Labels: tofu fish sticks