Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Chicken" fingers

I don't really like fish, so I decided that I would think of these as chicken fingers instead of fish sticks. I messed with the recipe, too, kind of.

I used a different recipe for the coating, which I made up. I used corn meal, gram flour, paprika, chili powder, pepper, and salt.

Then I followed the rest of the steps.




My complaint would be that the tofu wasn't as firm as I would have liked it to be. But, just about everything tastes good when you dip it in barbecue sauce.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At January 28, 2007 5:30 PM, Blogger mishka said...

Barbecue sauce to the rescue!

The texture of the tofu is one thing I was worried about. I like my tofu chewy. Um.. maybe pressing it for a while might help..?

 
At January 28, 2007 5:54 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

Maybe. I rarely press my tofu, because I never really notice that much of a difference. Maybe I should have just left them in longer...

In related news, today I tried the same basic recipe, but with tempeh, and it was pretty tasty. Something to think about...

 
At January 28, 2007 5:58 PM, Blogger Carla said...

They make it with tempeh at Fressen, mmmmm.

I edited my post to say the thinner pieces of tofu were more to my liking, because too much plain tofu is bland. Definitely get extra firm tofu.

 
At January 28, 2007 5:58 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Chickens don't have fingers!

 
At January 28, 2007 6:36 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

fish don't have sticks

 
At January 28, 2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Carla said...

tee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home