Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Black Bean Soup

I didn't use a recipe. My ingredients were: 2 onions, 3 cloves of garlic, some olive oil, 1 jalapeno pepper, hot pepper flakes, cumin seeds, cumin, maybe 2 cups of water, 1 vegetable stock cube, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of black beans, and about 1 cup of cilantro.

I chopped up some onions, and fried them in olive oil. Then I added 3 cloves of garlic, whole, and continued to fry. I added a chopped jalapeno pepper (with seeds and all) and cumin seeds left over from pakoras way back when.

Then I added a can of diced tomatoes, which I let bring to a boil, before simmering. I added a cup or so of water, some ground cumin, a cube of vegetable stock, and two cans of rinsed black beans. I let this simmer for a while, before adding a cup of so of chopped cilantro, and continued to let simmer. Then I used my hand blender to smooth it out, before serving it with a dollop of sour supreme. It was delicious... nice and spicy and filling. I'm going to bring it into work tomorrow.







2 Comments:

At December 20, 2006 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! My throat is sore this morning so soup will be perfect tonight. I also don't usually use a recipe for soups, i love how creative but tasty they end up!

 
At December 20, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Gimme gimme!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home