Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wat? Waaaaaat?*


On my way home tonight, I forgot to get the favas. Since I still wanted to participate, I made a dish from Vegetarian Main Dishes From Around the World, a book I got a couple of years ago. I had all the ingredients for a Yemesirkik, or Yemesir Wat, as I've only been able to find it online. It's a lentil dish made with red or brown lentils, onions, berbere and garlic.

Pretty simple! Well, I don't have berbere, but I whipped up a version with the spices that I do have, minus paprika. I'll be eating it with some steamed chard and a whole wheat tortilla. Perhaps I'll give the injera a try one day. Maybe when I have my good camera fixed so I can take prettier photos.


*any Pee-wee's Big Adventure fans out there? Remember the big ear in the Magic Shop? "WHAT? WHAT?"

4 Comments:

At September 21, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

i sorta remember the big ear. more pressing in my mind are: the windy road signs (any time i see an extra curvy one i think of this) and of course the large marge bit!

your dish sounds good! i'm so bummed for you that you don't have a camera AND i'm bummed for me cause i love looking at your pictures so much!

 
At September 22, 2006 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Lentils! One of my favourite legumes.
Hurray! for also thinking outside the box...:)

 
At September 22, 2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Carla said...

I'm in the mood for some Pee Wee's Playhouse now! My "what" joke these days though is from Dave Chapelle doing Lil John (even though I never heard of Lil John before Chapelle). "What, what, what, okay!"

I'm sad for your camera too.

Good substitution, btw.

 
At September 22, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger mishka said...

Carla - I totally have season 1 of Pee-wee's playhouse on DVD!

My camera thanks you all for your pity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home