Tuesday, August 29, 2006

each peach pear plum

Does this look like 4 pounds of peaches?


I thought I had white flour but didn't, so I used whole wheat and the dough is too puffy and thick. I related that to Stagflation and he appropriately dissed me for subbing flour indiscriminately. ha ha. Will not try to get away with such a thing again. I used a loaf pan, not a 9x13, so I had less surface and therefore used only half the dough, which was still too much. Ate the peaches with just a small amount of the crust. The juices seeped up through the crust:

The smell of peaches makes my heart sing! la la laaaa!

p.s.
Have any of you seen Dead Like Me? "it's like looking at a bowl of peach cobbler you just dropped on the floor. As good as it might have been, you just don't want it anymore"

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

i think it does, cause mine looked like a little more and i had 4.21 lbs according to the scale. i actually think that that yielded too many peaches for my pan. i also had too much dough, but i squeezed it all in there as opposed to leaving some out. smartness!

 
At August 29, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger mishka said...

So, did ya like it?

 
At August 29, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Mostly yes. I love the lemon kick. If I make it again, I'll use less maple syrup in the filling (it was a bit too sweet).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home