Friday, September 22, 2006

Ful of Beans

Well here is my wee Ethiopian feast. The fava beans had a funny smell...how would you describe it?














When they were boiled a bit and I mashed them, they started to look like baby barf! ha ha

















But then when the liquid evaporated they started to look more like refried beans, as the recipe promised. Much better!

















Injera...I might not have tried to make this myself had it not been suggested, so I'm glad you suggested it, vania!

Attempt #1:

















Attempt #2:

















3rd time lucky:

















So I had injera and ful, with a sweet potato-kale-sesame seed mash. Yum!

4 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 2:47 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

looking good!

 
At September 22, 2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

hooray! don't you just want home-made injera every day now?!

 
At September 22, 2006 10:18 PM, Blogger mishka said...

Looks so good - and effortless, after some of the other attempts! The injera looks amazingly crepey.

 
At September 27, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger vania said...

i would love to make my own injera now! Great job Carla!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home