Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Quesadillas

I really liked the idea of the quesadillas.

30-45 minutes seemed like a little too long to cook the peppers and mushrooms. I think that it was more like 20?

I used canned beans. Actually, I used canned organic refried beans, which I bought on sale a while ago and hadn't used yet.

I made my own tortillas, as usual, but they didn't come out as well as they normally do.

I mixed Tofutti "american" and "mozzarella." After I put the quesadillas in the oven, I realized that I forgot about the onion.

I served it with some salsa, which I think was pretty key. Without it, the quesadilla was a little dry.

7 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tortillas look great! I've been wondering how to make them myself. Can you post your recipe?

 
At August 16, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Yeah looks great! I haven't made them yet.

Anonymous: the link to the recipe is in the post called "week 9." We're using recipes from websites so everyone has access to them. Have fun and let us know how it turns out!

 
At August 16, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger mishka said...

Looks tasty! I'm glad you mentioned about the salsa - perhaps I throw one together in the time I'll save by using canned beans :)

 
At August 16, 2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Carla said...

I'm behind again this week! So even with the fake cheeze it's dry?

I've had Stagflation's homemade tortillas, he does a great job and I want more!!

 
At August 16, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger Kate said...

looks soooo sooo good. I tried making my own tortillas (its on my food blog) i wonder how our recipes compare?

 
At August 16, 2006 4:16 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

It would probably have been better with that non-tofutti stuff that comes in a block. But you work with what's available, right?

As for the recipe, I will try to find an electronic version of it and post it here, but I'm sure it's the same as any you would find online. That's where I got mine.

And now, back to sleep (I have a cold).

 
At August 17, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger vania said...

mmm..i love the criss-cross pattern of the cheese! And kudos to you for making your own tortillas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home