Thursday, August 17, 2006

My take on the quesadilla


I have been to Candle Cafe and have had this quesadilla many times. It's delicious!

But alas, I'm being frugal this month so I made do with a few changes depending on what we already had in the house.

  • canned refried beans
  • I had yellow onion instead of red so I cooked it with the peppers
  • I melted my Vegan Gourmet in a pot with a dash of Silk creamer and added spices (paprika, oregano, cumin, tabasco, cayenne)
  • corn tortillas
  • add some homemade chunky guacamole: delicious!

4 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 7:10 AM, Blogger mishka said...

looks wonderful! The guac is also a good addition!

 
At August 17, 2006 8:07 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

yeah, i was thinking that the vegan gourmet cheese would have been good, and i say good call on making it more liquid-y/saucy with the soy creamer.
if only i had had avocados, i would've made guacamole too. mmm.

 
At August 17, 2006 5:41 PM, Blogger vania said...

i too like the idea of making the cheeze more saucy and hip hip hooray is all i can say for fresh guacamole!

 
At August 18, 2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I'll try that too, for extra meltiness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home