Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Love Sandwiches!


I am crazy for sandwiches, and a good sandwich like this one is perfection! J made them while i was on my way home from work (12 hour day!) and he was happy to bring out and test our new celebration present - a Le Creuset grill! He grilled the tofu on it but it was a bit sticky. But, i've never had better tasting tofu in a sandwich before. They were grilled perfectly! And, when the complete sandwiches went on there, i could smell the sandwiches at the door and they grilled perfectly.

We didn't have any celery around but we did have a huge jar of olives, so we substituted them for celery. They were a nice touch. Also, the bread of choice was freshly baked raisin bran. The flavours going on were a master piece!

J made the complete recipe, so we each had two sandwiches. By the time there was only a quarter left of my second sandwich, i did start to notice i was full and the veganaise, raisin, apple, and olives combo was just a bit 'much.' But, with a side of fresh carrot sticks, we were both happy to indulge!

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh my, i've always wanted one of those le creuset thingies! the grill or the small pot -- so fancy pants!

your sandwich looks tres bon!

 
At July 22, 2006 6:19 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

olives and raisins: together at last!

 
At July 22, 2006 6:35 PM, Blogger mishka said...

^ haha.

I love my Le Creuset pots and pan. Now I want the grill pan! Hafta put that on my birthday or Christmas list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home