Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lunch Today

We got another dusting of snow last night - so everything was pretty and white again but it was 17 below this morning so I decided it would be a perfect day to try the cheesy soup.

I used
1 cup soymilk - I make my own with a Soy Quick soy milk maker - this version was unsalted and unsweetened.
1 can (~15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 vegetable boullion cube - I used Rapunzel No Salt Added Vegan Bouillion
2 bay leaves
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
3 Tablespoons oat flour - I didn't have any oat bran - this was my only substitution
a couple celery stalks, chopped
5 green onions (green & white parts), chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt - my boullion was unsalted if yours is salted you'll need less salt here
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Everything bubbling away - I tasted it at this point and it was so good and pretty that I almost didn't go on with the blending or adding the oat flour...

I didn't have any oat bran - so I put a 1/4 cup of Whole Oats in the food processor and made a sort of flour...

...I served it with homemade rye bread and apple slices - it was wonderful...

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2008 9:58 AM, Blogger betsy said...

yay, i'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe! now, howsabout sharing that rye recipe?? ;)

 
At January 24, 2008 5:19 PM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Okey dokey - I will - it's easy (super easy if you use a bread machine)

Thanks,

Teresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home