Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stroganoff Friday

I actually did make this over the weekend but didn't get the pictures off the camera until today - busy-busy-busy...

We all loved this - it was very rich and satisfying. I wish I had taken more pictures in progress but we were hungry - so instead of modeling food - I hurried and got dinner on the table...

This was the first time I had made the boiled version of seitan - I've always made baked seitan - so I thought this looked rather un-appetizing...

...but it sure did fry up tasty...

I found these vegan noodles at the regular grocery store - yay!

While it was cooking the sauce looked very dark to me - all that red wine and paprika I guess...

Finally on the table...

My only substitution was not to add the peas - I served them on the side - but I think we all mixed them in anyway - it was very good that way - so next time I'll probably add them in...

5 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Oh - I forgot - one other substitution - I used dried thyme - fresh herbs are just not available here...

 
At October 12, 2007 8:25 AM, Blogger vania said...

Great job! I love those noodles, and i think dried thyme is just as good as fresh stuff - it's such a strong flavour.

 
At October 13, 2007 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

juju Zabadu! deliscious and a lovely maple bowl
WOW!

reminds me about syrup juice

juju zabado! I once had a good thing about good stuff and it was yummy. Look at my pants as they are awesome ! Aweosme to the max and I love that. The fact that you made the cookies is the reason why we are all here. Yay for the world and Woo for cookies!

Thanks for your time on there. You are all god of the cooking world!

Can we donate to this website? I want to keep it going! I have about $25 left over from my new jeans that I just got. I would like to give you all that money. IT will be good to keep all you going fo shizzle.

snaps

I love you

 
At November 12, 2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Shananigans said...

I made this stuff a long time ago. I also used dried herbs and used regular white mushrooms, but as I remember it was very good. I'll have to make it again now that the cool weather has me back in the kitchen.

 
At November 18, 2007 2:20 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Mmmm, comfort food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home