Sunday, January 20, 2008

Long time...no cooking?

Hi guys!
It's been such a long time since I posted here:( What with moving abroad and starting a new job and trying to find a car and a place to live; I haven't had much time to stop by and actually haven't cooked very much at all. I'm starting to feel the effects of my poor nutrition and really want to start cooking properly again. I wish I could have my own kitchen (and not have to cook and live at my boyfriend's parents' place.....but I'm not in a position to choose;).
Anyways, I've had some tofu stored in the freezer and I thought I should find a recipe for it. I find tofu and other meat substitutes to be ok but, to be honest, I don't eat any of these very much. I tend to get my proteins from beans instead as I find it easier to incorporate into my menu (not that I've had anything like a planned menu lately).
I really want to start to want to have tofu, not just make it and feel like it was only "ok". Anyways; here is a recipe that looks extremely simple, I have all the ingredients for it and it just might be nice;)
http://www.everydaydish.tv/Recipe%20Pages/Breast_of_Tofu_Recipe.html
Just got my tofu out of the freezer and shall start marinating it tomorrow. As soon as I've had any of it and taken a pic, I'll post my results.
Bon appetit!

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2008 3:10 PM, Blogger Carla said...

How's Norway?

That recipe does look good. I do love tofu, but I hardly ever cook it when I'm busy, I eat out a lot.

A few people have written to me lately asking about the cookalong, so there's still interest!

 
At January 20, 2008 3:51 PM, Blogger chrichri said...

Norway is great, thanks:) A bit colder than I remembered though!It's good to be earning now and not just studying as I was in Scotland but I really miss having my own place and kitchen...hopefully we'll find a place of our own soon and we'll be up and cooking our a***es of again shortly;) I definitely am interested in posting/being part of the cook-a-long but it seems like as many others, life gets in the way. I do think however that things are picking up and I guess it'll happen to the blog too as people settle in the new year; there'll be more activity.
All my best,
Christina

 
At January 21, 2008 2:45 PM, Blogger betsy said...

kudos to you for kick starting the year! i'm going to whip up that marinade mix tonight..will report back in a couple weeks i guess :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home