Monday, November 12, 2007

Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers

I thought I'd try out the stuffed pepper recipe before I served it for Thanksgiving Dinner. I baked them in little custard dishes because I thought it would be cute...

I put a couple of tablespoons of water in the bottom of each dish and wrapped it in aluminum foil...

Served here with turnip greens, baked sweet potatoes, cornbread and homemade applesauce - the menu for Thanksgiving will be more traditional...

A closeup - I should have moved the potato - so you could see the pepper better...

The custard cup thing didn't really work out for serving - as we wanted to cut the pepper up with the stuffing.

My substitutions were Brown Rice - millet is not readily available here - but I think I'll order some before Thanksgiving as we liked the flavour of the stuffing and I'm sure it will be even better with millet. And I had to use all dried herbs as fresh herbs are not readily available here either. It was a very tasty and pretty dish.

2 Comments:

At November 13, 2007 11:22 AM, Blogger vania said...

Glad it worked for you - it was my first time with millet and i highly recommend it - the stuffing was really nice!

 
At November 18, 2007 2:19 PM, Blogger Carla said...

So that's how they do it! Nice meal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home