Friday, May 25, 2007

Strawberry/Banana Pie

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, I don't know the rules - do we have to follow the recipe exactly (I often go with what I have and adapt). But, I was inspired by the Raw Strawberry Banana Pie recipe and I had most of the ingredients.

First of all - the crust - I was all out of almonds and walnuts, but I did have some pecans, and some graham crackers (http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2007/03/makin-grahams-man-cub-and-i-tried-our.html)- so there you go. I put the graham crackers, pecans, dates (btw - my food processor did not like the whole dates - I'll chop them up next time) I got about 1 1/2 cups of crust and it was nice and moist and held together. I'll definitely use the dates again.

Then the filling - I had all of the ingredients, but my strawberries were frozen. So I decided to include them in the filling, instead of putting them on top - Oh, and I only had three bananas - so that made up for the rest of the liquid in the filling. It tasted yummy before it went into the pie shell.

And it tasted really yummy as dessert a couple of hours later.

5 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 11:21 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Great looking pie, and welcome!

There aren't really any rules except that it has to be vegan, and we do lots of adapting. That's half the fun, seeing how each other interprets the recipe.

I intend to make this, what a nice treat on a hot day.

 
At May 25, 2007 11:37 AM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Thanks Carla,

I thought that it would be a good summer pie as well - it's about 40 degrees here today 'though...

Thanks,

Teresa

 
At May 25, 2007 7:28 PM, Blogger mishka said...

Wow - that really does look great! And with tea... *swoon*!

 
At May 25, 2007 10:32 PM, Blogger betsy said...

that looks fabulous. i'd been holding out on trying the recipe because the crust ingredients alone would have been pretty pricey. but after seeing it executed with a few adjustments, i must try it myself.

 
At May 30, 2007 7:48 AM, Blogger vania said...

I love the colour of your pie - i will definitely try this when strawberry season is in full swing here. Welcome to the group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home