Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pupusa Time

What a great word, i think i'll call my next pet Pupusa! I too failed with the corn flour, Carla. I'm a bit relieved that someone else did too because i thought i was experiencing bad corn flour or something. It did feel neat to play with, and i wondered if i could make grits with it. In the end, i just used 1/2 cup of corn flour to 1 1/2 cups of unbleached flour with 1 cup water. I also didn't really like the recipe that we had because the writer was never clear on just how much water to add, even after someone asked her to help them out.
I have not perfected rolling things into rounds, and i've been working on this for years now. But the filling part was yummy. I added different fillings for the 3 i made: one with refried black beans (RBB) and olives, one with the RBB, onions, and cheese, and one with RBB and cilantro. The cabbage salad was great too - i just bought pre-made cole slaw mix that came with the added touches of red cabbage and carrots, and the dressing was superb.

My avocado was not ripe enough but i had a great salsa and a party for one - J was out of town when i made this. I will try this again when he's around and we have ready-for-guacamole-avocadoes!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 9:15 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Good for you! I've tried a bunch of combinations but nothing edible yet.

 
At March 30, 2007 9:52 AM, Blogger Carla said...

That would be a cute name for an animal. It sounds almost like "papoos" which I think means "baby" in a First Nations language.

You used such interesting fillings, olives with refried beans! (I'd never thought of that combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home