Monday, December 11, 2006

Chocolate chili

I used tomato paste instead of sun-dried tomato paste, sweet potato instead of potato, and chilli powder and cumin instead of not chilli powder and cumin.

Also, I used black beans instead of butter beans, and some Cocoa Camino fair trade bittersweet chocolate.

EXTREME CLOSEUP!

The chocolate added a nice touch to it. I'm really glad I added it. I kind of wanted to add some cilantro, but then wondered if that might clash with the chocolate; as though the chocolate shouldn't have clashed with the other stuff.

5 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

hmm, i'm totally curious about how cilantro and chocolate would work! cilantro's a funny thing. it's mostly great, but in the wrong thing . . . i once made some terrible hummus with cilantro instead of parsley!

 
At December 12, 2006 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried cilantro in choco chili before and I remember it bing good. But I've also been told to take it easy with the cilantro ;)

Looks really good, stagflation!

 
At December 12, 2006 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks delicious! The sweet potatoes add such a pretty color to it! How do they taste in the chili? I will be using sweet potato in mine too.

 
At December 12, 2006 12:27 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

They taste good, use them!

 
At December 13, 2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Mushy goodness! Would go down well with a nice slice of bread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home